Sunday, January 1, 2012

Well, Crap.

I just looked at my last post. A year ago. In a year, I did actually complete the Vivandière costume I set about creating at this time last year. That's pronounced: VEE-vahn-dyeh(r). I can't believe it took me this long to look it up!

http://www.forvo.com/word/vivandi%C3%A8re/

So here we are, beginning of a new year and I plan this whole new project and... sigh... I planned to do this last year too. Not this project, but document a project. Vivian Dare (steampunk) Battlefield Bartender Extraordinaire!

Well, we see how that went.

In the past year though, I truly have mostly completed that project. I have detail work that needs to be done, but it's wearable, and actually has been to events.


What's left? A short jacket, some more braidwork on the bodice and possibly on the skirt, plus the steampunked out tonnelet (which I actually commissioned an artist to do, but he flaked on me), and the beer tap gun. Knowing me, I'll be working on this in August of this year, as the next big event is in October. :)

At the end of 2011 I decided to make some changes. I turned 40 in 2011. I'm the heaviest I've ever been and feeling it, and I'm in debt. I joined weight watchers and am working on a budget and a way to get out of debt. For two years I will be *deliberately* limiting travel (as opposed to saying "I want to do that" then flaking out because I don't have the money). The exceptions will be Tribal Fest with Asha and November vacation with my parents - I adore them, they're fun to travel with, they go to great places, and it's not quite so expensive because we stay in a timeshare that they own. In addition to limiting travel, I'll be eating out less because of the weight watchers program. It's a start. I'm not giving up my Starbucks green tea (nowaternosweetenerextraiceventepersonalcoldcup), though, dammit! No matter how hard I try, I can't get the same concentration of good tasting tea for the same price.
I also may be addicted.
There are worse things.
Like frappucinos. Gods are those things a g'fuckload of points!

So here I am in a new year and what the hell am I gonna do about it?

1 comment:

  1. What are you going to do? In addition to all of your listed things, you are going to enjoy yourself. You're going to love life. You are going to continue to make other people smile just by existing.

    Oh, and if you are doing WW, this place has good recipes that are WW friendly. http://kitchen-parade-veggieventure.blogspot.com/

    I know you have a lot going on, but don't forget to take joy in everything you can! *hugs*

    Hope we'll see you soon!

    ReplyDelete